Landing Your Next Job: Leveraging Your Storytelling Superpowers
Thursday May 25, 2023
3:00 p.m. to 4:00p.m. Eastern Time (UTC -4)
You’ve created some remarkable experiences for yourselves over the course of your ISEP experience abroad. And in the process, you’ve strengthened many of the career skills employer are seeking most in job candidates today. The next critical steps are:
- demonstrating to others that you’ve strengthened or cultivated those skills;
- doing it in a compelling way that leaves your interviewers feeling both impressed by you and curious to learn more about you.
Join us for a workshop style program where you’ll learn to identify the skills you’ve developed in the language employers speak and share your experiences in a way that sets you apart from your competition.
This workshop will be composed of both lecturettes and breakout room work in pairs. By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the skills employers are seeking most in new job candidates
- Identify the skills you’ve cultivated during your ISEP abroad experience
- Tell a story about how you cultivated and refined one of those skills for future interviews
Please plan to come with a pen and paper to brainstorm your ideas with your breakout room partner. We’ll send out some additional information to help guide your thinking prior to the workshop once you’ve signed up. We look forward to it!
A Zoom link will be sent to those who R.S.V.P. yes a few days before the event.